SEO is a complicated practice that requires patience and can often be very costly in order to get results. It’s the practice of increasing both the quality and quantity of your website traffic, through “organic” search engine results. SEO Services can be costly and often if they’re not costly, they’re probably doing more damage than good to your website.
While SEO isn’t something we offer (we can’t do it all!), we do put some basic SEO into the back end of your website. These things include a site title, site description, page descriptions, checking your page and title formats, adding your location, a custom 404 page and ensuring SSL is enabled.
From here it’s in your hands, and there are a few really handy and helpful things you can do to get your business ranking locally and organically.
1. Register your business with Google My Business. I’d say this is one of the most powerful things you can do for your business, particularly if you run a local business.
2. Verify your site with Google Search Console
3. Connect to Google Analytics to track your page visits
4. If you have a local business, ramping up your NAP Listings (Name, Address and Phone Number) is the way to go. Register your business on some local directories like Yellow Pages, TrueLocal and other local business groups.
5. Add a Blog to your website and create keyword friendly content
6. Ask your customers to leave Testimonials on Google My Business and on Facebook
7. Create valuable Backlinks to your page. Backlinks are inbound links from one page to another and make a huge impact on a website’s prominence in search engine results as they represent a “vote of confidence” from one site to another. Ask your clients if you can add your site link to their page, advertise in relevant business directories who will link your site or write guest posts on reputable blogs within your niche.
While SEO is important, an all-encompassing strategy is the way that your site will gain visibility and organic traffic. Keep your social media presence strong, your blog consistent and up to date and look into Facebook Advertising, Google AdWords and Email Marketing.
We have some great contacts that can help with your SEO, Social Media Management, Content Marketing, Copywriting and Digital Advertising so just get in touch if you need a hand with any of these things!